Thursday, August 8, 2019

Move

I have these words that I want to say, but I can't get them all into a "blog perfect" format......God has really been speaking to me that I just need to move.  He is saying it's Progress, Not Perfection.  He is saying, I will give you the words, just obey me and move.  In my bible study today (Gideon, Priscilla Shirer) she said "to see God move, we must be in situations that allow God to move.  #lessonsfromGideon  That was just one more word from God, saying MOVE girl!

She also spoke about drawing a circle around ourselves in our prayer time and while we pray for revival in our families, communities and countries, we need to say "but Lord start the revival here in this circle.  Start with me."


As I mentally picture drawing that circle, this is what I see......and so yes I am inspired and impassioned to draw that circle and pray that prayer, but God doesn't want us to stay there.....we have to move!  But gosh that's hard.  So hard to leave our comfort zone!

God has allowed this season in my life to be a rest period.  He has given this time to me to take my sabbath margin.  We must Be Still at times in order to hear God's word, and I see that circle as a good place in those times.  Leave life outside of that circle and step into that comfortable, safe place with God.  Let Him speak to you and comfort you and love on you.  Pray during that time that God will use you.  He will give you everything you need while you stand in that circle.  That circle is like the Israelites wandering in the wilderness.  They didn't go anywhere, had no destination, it was just their time to learn to depend fully on the Lord.  He supplied them manna, He gave them shoes that did not wear out, He taught them about life outside of slavery.  We are all enslaved to something and we need to let Him teach us to be free and know that He Is Enough! Deut 2:7 says "The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands.  He has watched over your journey through this vast wilderness.  These forty years the Lord your God has been with you, and you have not lacked for anything."  

But God didn't intend them to wander forever.  In Deut 2:2 He says "You have made your way around this hill country long enough; now turn north."  I find it interesting that the last time I wrote on this blog (2014), that was the verse that was on my mind.  And yet as I look around, I'm still standing in the circle.  Still wandering in the wilderness.

I will still need to take my Sabbath days.  I will still need to Be Still at times, but I cannot stand still forever.  I must move in order to be in a place that allows God to move.  I cannot stay in my comfort zone because if I do, I will never see the revival that began in me, spread to others.  





No comments: